Friday, June 12, 2009

ArtWalk illuminates the Art all around us

Spent the early part of the afternoon wandering around downtown Lloydminster checking out the ArtWalk. ArtWalk organizer Dawn Hames added an architectural element to this year's walk by listing a few buildings that are of architectural interest.

This addition is proving to be a surprise to some of our residents. I was standing on the corner of 50th and 50th taking a picture of the old post office, now home to Ernie's Coffee House, when some people I know asked me what I was photographing. When I explained that I was taking pictures of some of the interesting architectural features of downtown Lloydminster, their first reaction was: "Lloydminster has interesting architecture?"

It's there if you just look. Like the old May Theatre building here:


Definitely not prefab.

Michele

No comments: