Saturday, August 2, 2008

First Day of Festival

The set-up today for the Juried Art Show is looking wonderful. So much better than last year with the addition of the OSAC display panels. The space at Holy Rosary High School is amazing. The jurors do their thing tomorrow and then on Monday Cindy and her crew will do a reorganization of the pieces and move the juried out pieces over to Picture That. The show
opens to the public on Tuesday.

I attended the All-Afternoon Jam at the Singing Waitress Café. It was a full house, roughly 15 musicians jamming but Justin Walker, a 16-year old from Marsden blew me away-- very cool afternoon and there was dancing in the middle of the afternoon - it was all very cool. I hope some of you went over to Cesar this evening at Spiros.

Art Market tents went up today and I just drove by and they are still working but it is looking great too.

And I actually had time to drop by one of the ArtWalk venues today.

I attended a session this evening with the Games Mission staff from the different zones and I distributed program guides everyone there was buzzing about the festival

Hope to see everyone at the Art Market and Arts Unleashed tomorrow.

Gwen

No comments: